Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Color Run - Try something new!


Stumbling upon this event was definitely one of the best things I've ever done! I remember my friend, Daisy, telling me about an advert she'd seen on television when people run in a marathon whilst getting paint thrown all over them. The idea at first didn't seem too appealing, running and sweating and paint. But then we
researched it further, watched some YouTube videos and was instantly mesmerized by how happy every single person seemed! Well, they do call it the 'happiest 5k on the planet'!

So basically, this is a 5K run in which you go through a number of segments where people with bottles and barrels of coloured powder paint are waiting to spray you colours of the rainbow! The run, for me, did not seem as long as three miles in the slightest simply because when you pass one coloured segment, between the admiring of everyone's newly painted selves and wanting to get to the next colour, you're forgetting that this is a run.

This event is literally for everyone! When I was there a month or so ago, there were teens, adults, babies in prams, children on their father's shoulders, just everyone was there! I did it in Manchester, UK and I didn't expect there to be so many people! This was the first time they'd brought the Color Run to the UK so that means that I was involved in the first ever Color Run in Manchester and the second EVER in the UK! 

From left to right there's Astacia, Regan, Myself, Daisy and Heather!

It was one of the greatest experiences of my life and me and my friends plan to make it a yearly thing due to the fact that some of us are leaving to go to college whereas others are staying for sixth form which inevitably means less time together apposed to before the summer when we spent every single day together throughout school.

Honestly, if you're looking for something new and fun to try next year I definitely recommend the Color Run. Get your friends or family involved and you even get to pick a team name and have your very own shirt! *fist pump*



There was a lovely sense of community and at the end, there's a massive festival kind of thing where people perform, colour explosions are happening every 10 minutes and everyone's dancing and laughing! One of the best days of my life, no doubt!

For more information on the Color Run:


OR

Tweet me at @daydreamreviews for more information! I'm happy to talk:)

Stay lovely! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment