Wednesday 4 September 2013

Book-To-Movie; What I'm Looking Forward To!

The Maze Runner
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every thirty days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. 

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.



The first is a book called The Maze Runner by James Dashner which is the first book in the series. Although I have yet to read the book, which I will be getting very soon, the whole concept of it has interested me, it seems like a very original plot, well, I've never seen or heard anything like this before so hopefully it'll be a breath of fresh air! I know that the book has been very hyped up and a lot of people seem to have enjoyed it immensely.


The movie is being released on Valentines Day (Feb 14th 2014) which seems strange to me but hey ho, the book trailer, although short, was pretty damn good. I watched it for the first time today after searching for the actual movie trailer before realizing that there isn't one yet. -cry- But oh well, considering the movie is quite far away it makes sense and it gives me time to catch up!

OH and is it true? Is adorable Dylan O'Brien playing Thomas?! JUST LOOK AT HIM UH.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Divergent
In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.



The next book to movie I'm excited about is Divergent by Veronica Roth. Again, I'm late to hop onto this bandwagon because I haven't picked up the book yet! But I will read it before the movie is out. This is the first book in a trilogy, or so I recall reading? Anyways, I saw the trailer for this movie and was instantly captured! I wanted to read the book ASAP which is why I went onto Amazon and bought both this and The Maze Runner. (This is where all my money goes -slaps wrist-)


I remembered the lead actress as soon as she appeared in the trailer and, it took me a while but, I realised what I'd seen her on! She was on a TV show The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I really did not like her on that, she seemed very whiny but obviously that was just her character! I hope she's as captivating in the movie as she was in the trailer cause it looked awesome from just that!

March 20th 2014 is the release date so yet again, I definitely will have time to read the trilogy, or at least the first book so I'm caught up.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Hundred
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.





Very excited to see this being brought to life! Although it's not being made into a movie, it's being made into a television series which I hope will be AH-MAAAAZING! I don't know much about this one, details wise so if anyone knows when it's being released or when it begins, please tell me! I've searched the internet to find the answers but no such luck. This book is definitely not as popular as the other two I've spoken about but I hope it gains the recognition it deserves :)

Oh and just a warning before you watch the trailer... Every single person in the 100 chosen to go to Earth looks as though they've just stepped off the runway so just prepare yourself for a knock or seven to your self esteem...



Now it's your turn! Make a blog post, or leave a comment below, telling me which book-to-movie transformations you're looking forward to! If you make a blog post, leave it in the comments so I can have a look and follow you too.

I am definitely looking for suggestions, I review books or movies, preferably new ones so if anyone knows of any, just leave a comment! Otherwise you can tweet me (and follow me *hint hint*) at @Daydreamreviews. I'm happy to chat or take suggestions!


I hope you enjoyed this post. Hit the books, they wont hit back;)
Stay lovely! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment